Monday, October 25, 2010

buy a house, get a chair for free...

when we bought our house, this lonely chair was left behind.  personally, i would have never bought this chair because it's just not my taste.  i probably would not even buy it at a garage sale, but now it's ours and i decided to make the best of it.  and what better way to spruce up a piece of furniture than to paint it.



when in doubt, paint it white, right?
now it is used for our little "office area" in our kitchen.
not bad, now i really like it! 


and here's a sneak peak of the teepee i'm working on.
it's almost finished, i just have to add trim, so i don't want to spoil the finale!
i'll try to have it finished mid-week.
have a great monday!

6 comments:

  1. Look fab....I really like it!! Cant wait to see how your teepee turns out...Im thinking of making one for my little man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I sell/show a lot of adult communites, and unfortunately most are estate sales...the family usually leaves behind A LOT of person items and furniture..some great finds, but creepy!!
    <3 Cara
    I'm giving away a $45 gift card @ Lilac and Grey-Come on over & enter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chair looks so much better in white. That teepee is coming along! You little guy must be so excited!

    Janice (Couture and Crayons)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think a lil white paint can change things so much that it actually looks great. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey alison! great news...you've won the $50 gift certificate to modern chic home! thank you for entering my giveaway on belle maison :) i appreciate you taking the time to browse my shop and leave a comment. please contact me @ jules2366@gmail.com for details on your prize. xoxo - julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummmm,yeah. i know this teepee is going to turn out awesome and i'll want one for parker. you are such a go-getter with your diy projects. can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete